Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

'BOARDWALK EMPIRE' RECAP: JIMMY PLOTS TO GAIN CONTROL OF ATLANTIC CITY


'BOARDWALK EMPIRE' RECAP
EPISODE 12 (SEASON ONE FINALE)
'A RETURN TO NORMALCY'


Written by series creator Terence Winter and directed by veteran Tim Van Patten, "A Return to Normalcy" was anything but. Atlantic County Treasurer Nucky Thompson (Steve Buscemi) and Atlantic City braced for change on Election Day in 1920. The grease and oil in his political machine was stronger than ever. But at what price?

Note: While this recap will not be my usual blow-by-blow (HBO did not send out screeners), I will try to be as thorough as possible when it comes to key events, places and references. Please read and enjoy because it's chock full of footnotes...

Also: Enjoy my fan-made trailer for the show. As most of you know, I love 'EMPIRE' but HATE the opening credit sequence. I don't think it properly conveys setting, time, place or era. I mean it was the 'Roaring Twenties' in what was considered 'The Showplace of the Nation...' And I also think that the theme music is ALL WRONG. I just had to make my own intro...

If you agree with me, you're gonna love my fan-made alternate opening...





Subscribe to my newsletter for upcoming book news, pop culture goodies, noir delights and all things gin-soaked. Never spam - just utter coolness from time to time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar